This is the only picture in my camera from the last two weeks. I can't remember what I was going to post with it, but it was probably something like:
This morning I rolled over to David's side of the bed and asked, "Do you love me?"
He murmured, "Uh huh."
I asked, "In spite of my problems?"
Then I asked, "Because of my problems?"
"You wouldn't go that far?"
He laughed again and grabbed my boob and told me I was crazy.
So, for the record:
1. I'm still married.
2. My children are still alive.
3. I'm hard-pressed to remember a time I've been this miserable due to my own actions (or inability to say "no.")
4. I am dreaming of summer every waking and sleeping moment.
5. In nearly every conversation I have with David I use one of the following phrases:
Can't we just run away somewhere?
Isn't there a free bed somewhere in that hospital where I could just disappear for a couple of weeks.
I'm not kidding, I totally quit.
I mean it.
6. I've developed a new "inside voice" as well. CIM and RIM have been joined by FPM, "fetal-position-me," and nearly every day RIM is yelling at her that "It's not so bad!" and "Just do something already!" which only makes things worse.
(I wonder if it is a bad sign that my inside voices are multiplying. Whatever it takes to get one of those free hospital beds, I say.)
Do you want the good news?
Someone wonderful (I've no idea who) (or is it "whom" FPM asks from her sad little pile at the bottom of my mind) sent me this little book in the mail.
I read it in a day and half and it is helping my writing immensely. Bless you, whoever you are.
Well. I suppose that's all.
Wait, you say. I waited two and half weeks for that?
And now more bad news:
It's the best I've got.