I call this, "Roadtripping with a Purpose."
On Friday morning, we set the alarm and instead of dressing for school we headed north in the early morning light.
We drove all day. And tomorrow we will drive all day back home.
But there are things worth driving 20 hours for. I present them below for your reference.
1. For this undivided view. (This is reason enough, by the way, but there are more.)
2. To see LaVell Edwards Stadium lit up at night.
3. To watch the moon rise spectacularly over the Rocky Mountains.
4. For the bird's eye view.
5. For these smiles. (Alma mater's sons and daughters.)
6. To be this close to the action.
7. To deliver a baby gift. (It's better in person.)
8. But mostly, for this series of pictures here...I post them all because of the story they tell. Be still my beating heart.
I am nearly undone by the picture of "eternity" I captured, quite by accident, in the first picture, as my husband, and our boy get ready for Caleb's first priesthood session of General Conference. They are going to the Conference Center where they will sit and listen in the very same room as the prophet of God.
It was worth it.
And then some.