That's what Olivia hollered as she went out the door this morning.
It's cloudy this morning, which I don't think has happened since like last February or so.
And in honor of that and in case of rain, Olivia wore an extra scarf today in addition to the one she usually wears. You can't be too careful.
In other news, I'm still half-dressed. (You're never fully dressed without at smile, you know.) And the word of the week has failed me, as I have not done anything sanguinely the past week or so. (Just ask David: yesterday he brought me a jamba juice and I growled at him. In my defense though, I asked for 2 inch 6/32" screws., and he brought jamba juice. Jamba juice, though fruity and delicious, cannot hold a leaning space station upright.
But later, if I can get my kitchen floor mopped, and the laundry off the floor and out of the doorway and possibly even folded, and get organized for our space station work meeting this afternoon, then I will publish a sanguine post. Even if it's only about all the darlings in my life who continue to be sanguine even in the face of my frustrated grumpiness. Pray for peace, people everywhere. I had big plans to be ready to do my Thanksgiving grocery run today as well, but I'm not sure I'm quite up to that, emotionally or otherwise. Perhaps that will leave groceries and pie making all for tomorrow, an unprecedented occurrence, but that's about the state of things.
And now for your enjoyment, a diagram of my life:
1. my neglected sewing machine...I see you over there and I miss you.
2. the quilt that used to hang on that bare yellow wall...it was the victim of a sad watercolor incident and so had to be taken down for cleaning and drying. It still has not been rehung.
3. the leaning tower of space stations...it rotates, but it lists to the left. I spent four hours yesterday trying to reinforce and shore it up, to no avail. I'm just going with it now.
4. the worst drill in the entire history of drills...what I wouldn't give for a seriously powerful drill that you could PLUG IN.
5. my missing drill bit...I spent a good thirty minutes looking for it yesterday.
6. the jamba juice David bought me instead of 6/32" screws...I was so ticked off I just let it melt without drinking a bit of it. I'm crazy like that.
7. the dreaded floam...this stuff was supposed to be the regolith in the bottom of the space station but it was just a disaster. Curse the makers of floam and while I'm at it, I also curse Martha's double sided tape. Heaven help me.
8. mod podge...can't have a project without it. David went to the store on Saturday to procure this bottle. He was like, "Mod Podge? What's mod podge?" I said, "Just ask someone." It is a testament to his graciousness that he ran the errand at all.
9. the detritus of the space station project...the inside of my brain looks about the same.
10. a pile of dowels...they are the witnesses and victims of several failed attempts. Someday perhaps they will have a chance to tell their story.